Friday, January 2, 2015

new year...new goals

2014 is done, put a bow on it, and lets go 2015! at the beginning of the year I had this list, these goals I wanted to try and accomplish, I did some of them, others not so much, lets take a second to look at what did and didn't happen.

1)learn to program
the prospect of doing something like this in a year with my life now seems a little foolish. I've made some progress but nothing to write home about. I still feel like its a worth while pursuit though.

2)read real literature
Some Sherlock happened, some non-fiction happened, but not a lot of it. I would like to do more of this but not because I want to cross it off of some list, I like to read.

3) spend at least 5 hours a week at the gym
Bwahahahahaha

4) Blog at least once a week
I totally thought I was going to be able to do this, my problem is I tend to only write when I feel like I have something worth saying, or a project. I didn't even post about growing hops and making beer with it though. I've got no excuse other than being lazy.

5) save at least $1,000 and hold onto it for at least three months
I actually did this, mostly for the wedding, but this totally happened, I am shocked.

6)plan and complete 4 electronic projects
umm....I planned....and planned...and planned, and didn't execute. 2015 is the year I think starting small and working up is the way to go.

7)Go camping at least three times
2/3rds is better than not at all, but I want to do more of this in the summer of 2015

8)Go fishing at least 6 times
not even once, the closest I got was when I was present when someone else was fishing

9) Hiking!
Once or twice, and some nice long walks. But I still want to do more of this.

10) Take up something creative
this is another think that surprised me, I kind of fell into woodworking as a hobby. There is something rather relaxing about it, look forward to much more I think

11)Develop a plan to get music back into my life
this never happened, in truth I'm not sure where to starting

12)Be an active partner in helping plan my own wedding
I'm calling this ongoing, the date is set for September 26th, 2015. we've got some details, a venue, and some little things. This one will carry over I think


So those were the goals for 2014, some of them happened, others didn't but in truth I don't feel too bad about what did and didn't happen. Life I feel took president and the goals that fit into my life were the once that saw more success.

So onto 2015, Goals!

1) continue to be an active partner in the wedding planning
nine months, there are a tone of details to hammer out, food, guest lists, invitations, a web site, and a whole bunch more. My goal here is to help where ever I can, and mitigate stress in areas I cannot help.

2)Save $2,000
it can be done, I know it can

3)learn to program
it takes so much time

4)spend at least three nights a week at the gym

5) plan and complete at least 4 electronic projects
this one is returning, I'll get the tools together, and I'll do this

6) Go Camping at least three times
I got so close to this last year, it can be done

7)go fishing at least 6 times
The canoe is done, I just need to get out there and do it

8)make something for someone else
I want to make something practical, or beautiful, but I want to make it purely with the intention of giving it away

9)become a better woodworker
I got so many books on the subject this Christmas, I'm looking forward to learning new skills and building new things

10) Blog at least monthly
I fell way short on my blogging goal last year, I'm going to try something maybe a little more realistic.

11)deep philosophical thingy?
I'm not sure what to call this but it comes down to this, it has been for ever since I took some time to explore and figure out my own personal philosophies and codes. These are living evolving things and it makes sense that this is not something that would stay the same over time and I think it should be explored. This not about changing myself though...just understanding myself.

12) 12 brews in 12 months
I got this awesome calender for the year, first of all I haven't had a wall calender since I don't know how long. This one though has a home brew recipe for every month; this month is a black IPA stay tuned.

So there you have it, a monster update post for the new year, and I suspect you will be seeing more from me as time goes on, that is at least what I hope for.

Happy new year, from ITBrewer



No comments:

Post a Comment